Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Rain Rain, GO AWAY!

I would never understand what is it people find so romantic about rain. Importance, yes I get that: irrigation, water cycle, poor birds who die off looking for water; but the mushy cushy romantic bit I'd never get a hang of.
So, when I sit near my window and look outside at the rain (which by the way has been on, since forever now), I do not feel emotionally high, no pretty thought come to me, no day-dreams of my Prince Charming and definitely no violin based background score.
Instead, I see myself carrying a poor umbrella, fighting the winds, saving my bag, cell phone, watch from the out-pour. And ofcourse my jeans, which looks like it's been washed in mud. All the dirty water screws up your shoes and feet! Which in turn makes you sick. Result: you wear shorts to save your jeans and jacket to save yourself. Huh :x
And if that wasn't enough, all the insects look for shelter in your bedroom and your mom wont allow you to have Gol-Gappe because the rain makes everything so 'unhygienic', again, this I dont understand :|

But there's a plus point too and a hugggge one for that matter, you get to push your friends in the dirty stinking water which actually makes up for all other shitty stuff that rain brings :D


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Although there is nothing Romantic ..we are programmed by our media to feel that way....:)

    ReplyDelete