Sunday, May 29, 2011

Year Drop

Today, 28th May 2011, is possibly the most important day for my life ahead.
To understand that, lets rewind.
I passed my 12th with commerce background and I was possibly the worst commerce student ever. Because my heart was always with Law. And no, I'm not exaggerating, its as true as dramatic it sounds. So, after preparing for 1 year for CLAT (Common Law Aptitude Test), I got sick, bad, a week before my exam, to be hospitalized immediately and operated on THE day. And being as arrogant as I've always been, I hadn't appeared for any other exam.
The only option was an year drop. Which at the beginning was boring as hell and torturous and discouraging.
Its not easy seeing all your friends starting new life, hating their college, abusing their mess; while all you do is nothing. If there was one advice I'd share was, never take an year drop, never.!
But then eventually you pull yourself together and as slow as possible, you start studying. So did I :)
This past one year was devastating, delusional and somehow still the most fruitful year of my life. I learnt guitar, one thing that had always attracted me, but I never really had time to pick up. I started blogging again, made my blog l'il attractive, although never publicized it enough (not even yet). I went to Indonesia, celebrated my parents 25th wedding anniversary and made a great friend, by far my greatest asset.
And by the end I was happy, way more than happy. I did everything I'd have wanted to do. The only thing left was CLAT.
So I studied, did my part and the exam somehow went well. It was to decide my college life, which for various reasons was going to change my life and not only in a career oriented way. You see, all my life I'd wanted to settle in Bangalore, starting with college, but the way last year turned out, all I wanted was to stick around the people I love. It would have never happened had I not being around the most wonderful people in the world

So, If I was to thank one person for everything I've achieved, I would keep my mouth shut. Because everyone close to me has been so supportive that leaving anyone out would be unfair.
I'd thank dad, for every 1 hour embarrassing you-are-not-studying-enough speeches.
I'd thank mom, for every 5min comforting words after dad's speeches.
NJ & Simmi, for simply bearing me.
Honey, for constantly scaring me regarding the no. of seats and blah blah.
Ashu, for giving me the time to study and not disturbing when I was studying.

I would have never suggested a year drop had I not being the position I am right now, but from this end it doesn't seem so bad :)
And in all this, why was 28 may so important? Because today I was assured my wish has come true. Of course I mean by the result, which wasn't so bad either ;)


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. You've great writing skills....
    The way you've expressed your feelings and explored your past is appreciable...

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete