Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Memoir

 Just my way of saying..we'll miss you.





Eventually in life you meet a lot of people. Some of them you get close with, while some, just are the prettiest shades of memory.
I know I was never that close to him to be able to write an entire post about him but the fact that I won’t see him ones in a while or my sister won’t be able to tell me more reports about me...or that he won’t be there, anymore, sends chills to my spine.
Ankur Pathak or for me Ankur bhaiya, an exuberant champ. Ironically, he was always full of life and energy that around him you have to really work hard not to laugh or get caught in his vibes. He was a kind of person that would make you want to know him more. 
I don’t know when I first met him, but the latest I remember was in VIth grade, i.e. when my sister, NJ was in XIth grade and his classmate. Every time I went to their class, he would be the first to greet me, always. Thanks to him, there wasn’t a single day when NJ’s lunch box was saved for NJ; it was pretty clear to mum that the lunch wasn’t for her daughter but she was rather happy with the fact someone loved and finished it every single day. After school we’d stand in front of the gate and he would without fail find something or the other to tease me or amaze me. He has always considered me like his 'cute-lil' sis; and because of that he'd call NJ to complain about times, he considered, I'd lost my brains.
We never met on regular bases after he cleared his schooling. Twice or thrice, when NJ would be home, he’d come and because of that it’s still difficult to grasp that he’s not around anymore. For me it’s just like the time when he’s not coming and probably next Diwali he’d come in his favourite bike that would stop 10m in front of our home.
He was great at heart, ever-smiling and considered his responsibility to make everyone around him laugh. He's been best at every relationship he's been in: a brother, a son and most of all a friend to all.

Keep smiling bhaiya.
I know one thing for sure; vo jaha bhi hain, he’s sharing a couple of jokes and making everyone around, laugh their guts out.
R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment