Friday, September 4, 2009

Dream

In the middle of night, I would wake up
sweating,
breathing hard,
scared,
as the long seconds pass, I'd realise it was just a dream. The dream that always haunts me.
But I would never spend sleepless nights, if I didn't believe it could come true, I knew it would.
It did.
And I was shattered.
Yet, I still remember the nights I cried myself to sleep, just because you promised to kiss my tears away whenever they came out.
I waited.
Waited till my tears dried and I sank into sleep again,
without realising I'd see the same dream again and again.

The days, as they still, appeared as a eternity
and I hoped
time stopped at the moment I think of you.
I catch my breath when you pass by
hide my tears,
wave a hi.
You smile back at me, ask if I were alright.
I feel uttely glad that you did, though I know you never meant it.
With a flash, I smile, I bluntly lie.
I dug deep within myself to find all the courage needed to keep myself from saying, "I'm dying every second' and be another joke to you.

Now that I know we can only be in my dream together, where u say, "We can never be thogether." I'd see the dream always, just to see us together.
I'd still wait with tears in my eyes for sleep to come and startle me
because even in my dreams at times my heart skips a beat at your sight.

7 comments:

  1. i m out of words man...

    plz nvr stop writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much...
    thts really encouraging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. u r always welcum dear..

    bt when wil v gonna se ur nw creativity wit words..??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never knew Sneha's sister is a poetess.This one touched me...Nice keep penning :)

    ReplyDelete